Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dear Front Line Retail Employees

Dear Front-Line Retail Employees,

Hi.  I'm your boss.  Maybe I'm not your boss, but I am a boss, and I am going to tell you how to excel at your jobs.

Here's my job, and this is a job I take great pride in.  My job is to write your schedule, ensure all day to day operations are running smoothly, ensure you have everything you need, and make sure you're doing your jobs.

It is MY JOB to make sure you're doing YOUR JOB.

Just because you don't like it, or it's not very glamorous, or you think it's stupid or wrong or whatever, you still have to do it, and it's my ass if you don't.  If you piss off a customer, I have to smooth things over so he doesn't complain to corporate.  If you guys make a mess, I have to clean it up, or ensure you're cleaning it up. If someone is late, or doesn't show up, I have to cover it. And nobody thanks me for it.

If I ask you to stay late because someone else didn't come in, I'm a bitch.  If I ask you to clean up, I'm a tyrant.  If I placate a pissed off customer, I don't have your back. Any criticism I level in your direction happens because I am worse than Hitler. But the very moment I fuck something up, it is ON.

I'm trying to run a business here.  If you're not down, you need to get out. I will keep doing my job, and please get behind yours.

Management

No comments:

Post a Comment